Capability Brown modelled the grounds of Himley Hall in Staffordshire in 1779 and, no doubt, if he were alive today, he’d approve of the layout and smaller dimensions of our house type, the Himley.
We are biased, we know, but it is a splendid home.
Let’s walk you through it, with words.
The entrance hallway has staircase and downstairs WC with less prosaic delights tucked left, right and in front.
There’s a compact study facing fore, which could be playroom, snug or office. Opposite, again facing the property front, is a large living room with internal French doors leading to a wow room, or three rooms.
Here, you’ll find a kitchen, dining and family area, all beautifully open plan and bathed in natural light from no less than five windows and doors.
The kitchen has units that you can customise finish, depending on build-stage. They are finished with Duropal QUADRA worktops. There’s an integrated fridge freezer, double oven with black glass induction hob.
More white goods can be tucked away in the utility room, with handy exterior access.
The family area provides excellent views and access to the rear, turfed and fenced garden, with no less than two sets of French doors.
Upstairs, you’ll find 4 double bedrooms, with the master having a sumptuous en-suite shower room, fitted with Sanitaryware from the Lauren Pro S range, along with a Vado shower.
Similar luxury fittings are in the family bathroom, along with chrome taps and chrome heated towel rails. Bathrooms and en-suites can be customised, dependent on build stage.
Bedrooms 1 and 4 overlook the front whilst the two other double bedrooms overlook the side and rear garden.
The spacious landing also has a convenient airing cupboard for storage.
Outside, a block paved driveway provides off street parking and access to the garage.
The Himley – a stately home in Staffordshire – could be your family base with Barwood Homes.
To find out about our show home contact details and opening times, click here.
Click Here for our Manor Leys address
Your new home is fitted with an impressive array of high quality and integrated Siemens appliances as standard, with specification including:
• Single electric oven to 3 bedroom homes
• Double electric oven to 4 bedroom homes
• Black glass induction hob
• Stainless steel cooker hood
• Stainless steel splashback
• Integrated fridge freezer
• Chrome LED downlights to kitchens and low energy pendant lights to utility rooms
Duropal QUADRA worktops and upstands are fitted to all kitchens. These are high quality, fashionable and durable. Resistant to sunlight, scratching, abrasion and stains, and have achieved the FIRA Gold Award for product excellence.
Also featuring a stainless steel splashback and 1.5 bowl sink and chrome monobloc mixer tap plus every purchaser is able to select the cupboard unit doors and the handles, subject to stage of build.
Ceramic floor tiles to kitchens and utility rooms.
Sanitaryware from the Laufen Pro S range which, has an exemplary reputation for supreme quality, is provided as standard to all bathrooms, en suites and cloakrooms.
Vado showers are complemented with chrome taps and chrome towel rails to create a modern look. Stylish chrome heated towel radiators are fitted to all bathrooms and ensuites. A range of ceramic wall and floor tiling is available to wet rooms, please ask the Sales Advisor for full details.
• Energy efficient full gas central heating
• Plans denoting the location of radiators, white light switches and electrical sockets are available to view on request
• Low level pendant lights are fitted throughout
• TV points are fitted to the living room and the bedrooms
• Master BT points are fitted in the hallway
• Shaver socket fitted to bathrooms and en suites
• Smoke detectors
• Wireless burglar alarm to ground floor with PIR sensors
• Outside light fitted to the front
• Four panel moulded doors, finished in white satin paint
• Ogee profile skirting and architrave
• Polished chrome door handle furniture
• Select your preferred wall colour – a choice of three colours from the Crown range of paints
• All ceilings painted in Crown white
• UPVC double glazed windows and French casement doors to rear
• External tap
• Landscaped front garden and turf to rear garden
• Enclosed fence